Monday, September 25, 2006

Ignition...

I have been thinking for quite a while to start my own blogs. However, procrastination kept getting the better of me! It is hard to blog given the paucity of time at my disposal. I had to scrutinize my time on the internet and I came to a realization that blogging would be more productive for myself than things like, for example, orkut.

One of the major reasons for my hesitance to start my own blog was the fact that if I get a remotely decent viewership, I risk being entangled in petty debates having to justify my opinion to potential "hate comments". Why do I say this? Because I feel most of my opinions are not as per the norms of society. Sometimes I do write passionately, which opens the door to even more passionate rebuttals. For the moment, I am concentrating on presenting views and explanations to political/religious happenings as I see them. If I ever see myself wasting my time, I will seriously stop blogging. A sad reality of the e-World is that it cuts away from quality time with one's own family.

Even though the above still bugs me, I eventually sided with the other half of me due to a variety of reasons. There is way too much going on in the world today (especially in the world of Islam) that it just begs commenting on! I feel there are things (sometimes very obvious) that a lot of people miss, which leads to frustration on my side. The recent remarks by the Pope being a case in particular. I feel I have something different to bring to the plate. Mercifully, I have been blessed with some good company who are very learned and insightful on a lot of contemporary as well as historical issues. I hear them and feel that someone needs to put these views out for others benefit. Unfortunately, mainstream media and even most of "independant" media is unaware of these things.

In retrospect, I think I should have taken this step a bit earlier. Sometimes I curse myself for missing so many good opportunities to highlight the Muslim view of current conflicts. Forwarding e-mails of my learned acquaintances and my own thoughts has just not satisfied me completely. I hope this venture will whet my appetite!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyyy I'm your first commentator :D

September 25, 2006 1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay im your second commentator..

September 25, 2006 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaba, in *retrospect*, I'm your 3rd *retrospected* commentator and I really *retrospect* your blog, with all due *retrospect*, may Allah succeed you in all your *retrospect* and vice versa! Ameen!

September 25, 2006 2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An advice... let your ideas be short and direct... the masses tend to get lost after the 5th line:)
P.S: who are the first 2 happy pple?:P I can easly pick 2 names u know!

September 26, 2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaar Shaba! (uff I always forget NOT to write your name:P), subhan Allah yaar, kya MAST likhta hai tu yaar! May Allah gimme some part of you habibi. May Allah transfer some of your dard, your grief into my heart too. Proud to know you!, proud to even shake hands with you man, you...you...you..damn good writer:)

September 26, 2006 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going Al Rep. Just be aware that very very very few blogs, if any, change the world. Hope you find your Meezan!

September 26, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger Creation said...

Yup, it's me your BAJI!

Uff! kitna boltay ho app .. and yup start working on cokey's advice :/

September 28, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger moosejamal said...

Bravo! Glad you finally made the jump.

September 28, 2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaar dost, wallahi, tu aisa mast likhta hai yaar, subhan Allah, can't understand a word yaar, but I know its coming deep from your heart. Keep up the good work habibi, you are doing great, I trust you:P, brief or not, just fill em them damn pages man! Write your next blog on Mush's autobiography;)? Retrospect yaar! Retrospect!

September 28, 2006 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I don't read any articles aright, I just can't, even if I do understand them. I don't even understand your blogs but I just read them over and over. May Allah put tons of barkat in your accuracy and sharpness habibi.

September 28, 2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shabs! This is a great blog! I'll forward it to my daughter - lol!

October 14, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger i*maginate said...

lol @ anonymous 2.31 pm - I like the "retrospect" bit

Nice blog. You write well. Interesting issues.

March 04, 2007 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home